Followers

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Am I Crazy or What?

So, I'm sitting at the doctor's office today, waiting to get a chest xray to rule out pneumonia, and all I can think is: "maybe if I start the antibiotics today, I will feel well enough to run with the running group on Saturday!".
I was excited to be getting antibiotics so that I can start to feel human again, after 12 days of sickness.
 I have struggled through 5 runs in the last week and a half, struggling to breath without coughing.  It has been miserable, but I kept thinking that the next one would feel better.  Now, I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I have not received any word about the results of the chest xray. Hopefully it won't be pneumonia after all, and that I will be feeling great in a couple of days.  I'm taking antibiotics, a "rescue inhaler" and some codeine syrup at bedtime to control the coughing while I sleep. Finally some relief. 
 I have a race in 10 days: The Frozen Foot 5K in Elizabethtown, PA. I have revised by goal of PR'ing this time.  I'm just hoping to be able to breathe well during the race.
 Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment