Followers

Friday, November 9, 2012

Carbo-loading and Bookclubbing

Enjoying the last couple days of taper, and marathon preparation.  Trying to hydrate, started carbo-loading today.  I've decided to actually figure out how much carbohydrates are actually recommended for carbo-loading and try to meet that goal.  I found an equation in Train Like a Mother by Dimity McDowell and Sarah Bowen Shea that looks like this: 1. Divide your current weight in pounds by 2.2 to get kilograms. 2. Multiply the kilograms by 8 to get the amount of carbs you need to eat on Friday and Saturday for a marathon or half-marathon on Sunday.
 So, that means for me that I have to get 452 g of carbs/day!! That is much harder than I thought.  I have been adding up my carbs, and I am struggling to get over 300.  I may need to snack more than I usually do. Hoping to prevent the "bonk"during the last few miles of the marathon.
 Had a great day today. I hosted a book club meeting at a local restaurant.  We discussed the book Room by Emma Donaghue. I read this book a few weeks ago, and it really affected me.  What an intriguing book. There were 10 ladies at the meeting tonight and what a great conversation we had! We are all mothers, so I think this book resonated with us in an interesting way. 
  Now we are having "family night fun-night" in our home.  We eat pizza and watch a movie or DVR'd  t.v. shows.  Tonight we will try to catch up on episodes of "The Voice". So much fun.
Early to bed tonight. Hoping to get some good rest. 2 more sleeps until Marathon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment