Followers

Monday, October 29, 2012

Tapering and Nesting

As I wait at home today for Hurricane Sandy to affect us here in PA, I found myself "nesting". I don't even remember doing that much nesting during my pregnancies.  Probably because once you reach the end stages of pregnancy you are just so darn tired!  But here I am less than 2 weeks to my marathon (13 days), and feeling this crazy taper energy!!
 So, as of 4pm today, I have done the following:
- 5 loads of laundry, including all the sheets and towels.
- baked muffins, biscuits and cookies
- discovered foods in my freezer, pantry and refrigerator that I could make into dinner tonight: Pasta sauce defrosted, pasta cooked, all assembled into a pasta bake with mozzarella cheese on top. It is currently baking in the oven. While I still have the electricity to bake in my oven.
-roasted pumpkin seeds from the pumpkins we carved yesterday with olive oil, garlic powder and sea salt (at 300 degrees for one hour, turning every 15 minutes)
-watched a few shows on DVR that I have been to watch. I am all caught up on The Voice.
-vaccumed my entire house

So now I just sit here and wait. The wind is picking up, the rain is coming down. If nothing else, we are having "family time" together.
 And I have managed to catch up on everything. Now what do I do?
Stay safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment